Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ladies and Gentlement; My Mother.

So, I finally just admitted that I need some sort of vision correction device, so I went and got contacts. This was Tuesday of this week (1/18/11). So the other night, I'm on the phone with my mother, and decide to tell her that her son now wears contacts. The following is a transcript of the conversation that followed:

ME: Guess what else I got today? Contacts.

MOM: (audible sigh) What do you need with those?

ME: To see properly.

MOM: Well, you need to be careful with those things. You can poke your eye out.

ME: Mom, seriously, you've worn contacts almost as long as I've been alive...

MOM: You'll lose them.

ME: Maybe. But I have the same prescription for both eyes, so it won't cost too much to replace them.

MOM: I know, but you need to be careful. You need to take care of them, and clean them, and make sure you wash your hands...

ME: Mom! Seriously, I got contacts. I didn't adopt a child...

...God help me if I ever *do* decide to adopt a kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment